Date of last update: July 15, 2020
AKISENS is committed to protect the privacy of our customer information according to the new GDPR laws in effect. Although AKISENS has always had information protection policies and procedures in place, the purpose of this document is to provide our customers with information on our current policies and procedures. In particular, this document will provide information about AKISENS’s policy relating to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. Personal information is any information that is identifiable about you, that may include information such as, but not limited to, your name, mailing or e-mail addresses, phone numbers, identification numbers, credit card numbers, and banking information. All personal information relating to our customers is maintained in strict confidence by AKISENS and is not sold, rented or leased to third parties.
AKISENS collects personal information for a variety of purposes including processing your request for services. Personal information is used to verify, process and administer your product and service requests, maintain our commercial relationship with you, and analyze, understand and respond to your service needs. AKISENS also analyses and uses your information to better improve the products that we offer to our customers. Personal information is also used to communicate with you, for billing and provisioning purposes.
Third party service providers
To fulfill orders for products and services, AKISENS may outsource certain account processing, or other customer service functions to an affiliated company or a third party such as :
- MailChimp & Sendgrid for emailing
- PayPal payment processing (email and address)
- Bank Payment processing (email, names, banking address and information)
In such cases, personal information will be provided to such affiliates or third parties. However, AKISENS releases personal information only where that information will be maintained in confidence, based upon strict nondisclosure agreements with the third party.
AKISENS may be required to report to regulatory bodies or to present a summary of all our customer information, including your personal information, in statistical or analytical form to governmental authorities for Income or service tax purposes.
AKISENS may be forced to disclose information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or otherwise to cooperate with law enforcement agencies or state, provincial and federal regulators.
Collection of Information
AKISENS may only collect personal information that is necessary to conduct its business.The type of personal information that is collected may include:
- The customer’s preferred language, first, middle initial and last name, complete address, date of birth, credit or debit card number and banking information to wire revenues from the sale of your Works.
- Certain personal information may also assist AKISENS to review and make a decision about the applicant’s request for service. Specific information such as a date of birth, is also necessary to properly and unmistakably identify our customers.
We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser).
We also use first and third-party cookies. First party cookies are used and controlled by us to provide services for the Services. Third-party cookies are controlled by third-parties, mostly for analytics purposes.
Our Services use the following categories of cookies:
How to Opt-Out Of Your Cookie Choices
- Most browsers are initially set up to accept HTTP cookies. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies and how to disable existing cookies. For more information about HTTP cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
- Controlling the HTML5 local storage on your browser depends on which browser you use. For more information regarding your specific browser please consult the browser’s website (often in the Help section).
- Please note, however, that without HTTP cookies and HTML5 local storage, you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features of our Services and some parts of the Services may not function properly.
- You can also disable analytics for mobile apps from the settings screen on your mobile device.
AKISENS retains personal information only for as long as necessary to meet regulatory or legal purposes. When personal information is no longer required, that information will be destroyed, erased, or made anonymous.
We have implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your personal information from loss or theft, unauthorized access disclosure, copying, use, or modification. Access to personal information within our computer system is available to all of our employees for the specific purpose of enabling us to properly service our customers and in connection with the purposes set out above. All employees (current and new) are required to confirm they have read and understood a confidentiality of information agreement and are regularly reminded that personal information may not be disclosed except in accordance with this policy.